Search This Blog

I love to party and fashion is my life. I say babe alot.

Monday 22 February 2010

The Sanderson

This weekend I was the most spoilt girl ever because I spent Friday night in a suite at the Sanderson Hotel in Mayfair. It really is a fabulous hotel, designed by Philippe Starck and is totally different to any hotel I’ve ever stayed in before. The style is lavishly modern with baroque twists; all the walls are lined in sheer white curtains and the furniture in reception is made up of multi-coloured, crazily-shaped sofas and chairs. My favourite piece was a clear chair hanging from the ceiling – I want to have one in my house when I grow up!


The Room
The bedroom was also beautifully decorated in wall to wall white curtains and quirky designs, like a framed picture on the ceiling over the bed which was pretty random. Phillipe Starck really is so creative, I especially loved the glowing mirror! The bed itself was huge and was situated at an angle in the middle of the room not touching any of the walls which at first I wasn’t sure about but now I want my room at home the same!



I introduced myself to the General Manager as we checked in and he kindly sent up a complimentary bottle of wine to the room while we were getting ready. I always like it when manners pay off!



The Food
I think the best part of the experience had to be our evening meal. I tried a selection of gorgeous plates including soft shell crab on brioche, seabass in lemongrass with watercress and a gorgeous barbeque chicken dish. For dessert I ate apple tartin with vanilla and basil ice cream and chocolate fondant with pistachio ice cream. (They also have a gym which helps!) We drank champagne and cocktails and had a few drinks in the bar before heading upstairs. Breakfast the next day was more gorgeous food and I spend most of the day at the salon! I left feeling totally spoilt and would totally recommend the Sanderson to anyone who is looking for a lavish hotel experience. The service was exceptional and the decor was really something different.






Prices start at £595 for a standard double.

No comments:

Post a Comment