Search This Blog

I love to party and fashion is my life. I say babe alot.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Case of the Ex

Why do so many people hate their exes? Or other people's for that matter? The whole point of an ex is that you're not with them anymore, yet they seem to cause so many problems in relationships and I'm saying this from experience! I'm not talking about those exes who cheated on you or broke your heart in an unforgivable way, but why does it always seem to get so bitter in the end? And why do future partners expect you to just cut all ties in the rare occassion that you're both mature enough to try and be friends? I've heard so many stories on this topic lately and it got me thinking about my ex who I don't hate at all. I actually love him. Don't get me wrong I'm not as heartbroken as I was when we first split and I don't spend every second of the day missing him. But I love him all the same. I do think about him alot, and there's nothing wrong with that if you ask me. We met at the beginning of university and I fell in love with him in a matter of days and we spent two years having an amazing time and creating lovely memories. We argued ALOT. Like the time when he came home drunk as usual from a rugby social and was sick on my laptop (yep, seriously!) or the time I threw his brand new iPhone out of the window of a moving car for texting a girl (...ok so that was abit extreme but if you saw the girl you'd understand and he never did it again!) The arguments would always end the same way - I would cry, sometimes real tears in which case he'd give me a big cuddle, and sometimes fake, in these cases he always knew how to make me laugh to catch me out but ultimately we always made up. Despite all our flaws he was perfect to me and I was perfect to him. In the end we just weren't perfect together but I've grown up enough since we've been apart to realise that we don't have to hate each other at all, we can just be glad we met and spent two years in love. People waste way too much time being jealous and worried about each other's pasts. Expecting your new partner to forget their ex is just unrealistic and not all ex's are evil monsters. But hey, maybe I'm just biased...




1 comment: